Become A Member...
Hello Prospective NOVA SHRM Members,
Below is a detailed step-by-step process in becoming a NOVA SHRM member.
Important: NOVA SHRM is a 100% affiliated chapter of SHRM. This means, we are required to verify that your SHRM membership is in good standing with SHRM and that it falls under the chapter approved membership categories before we approve it. We approve memberships on an ongoing basis. Upon submitting your application, you will receive a receipt of submission. All NOVA SHRM applications are reviewed within 7 to 10 business days. Should you have any questions regarding the status of your application and/or the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com or (703) 829-5621.
By popular demand, the NOVA SHRM annual membership has changed from a calendar year to a rolling calendar one.
1. Apply for Membership online and pay for the appropriate annual fee accordingly. Your application will be received by the VP, Membership who will confirm that the information you have provided meets the NOVA SHRM criteria for approved membership. You will receive a "Welcome to NOVA SHRM" email confirming that your application form and payment were received, while your application is being reviewed.
Members in Transition (MIT) Note: NOVA SHRM provides active members and new members who are unemployed at the time of their membership renewal, or those applying to become a member for the first time, a one time opportunity at a free membership! Please click HERE for more information.
2. Application follow up email: You may receive an email from us indicating whether your membership has been denied or whether we need further information in order to make a final decision.
- Request for information email: If you received this email, it means that important information such us your SHRM ID, number of years in HR, contact information, professional status, etc. is missing from your application. Please log back in to NOVA SHRM site, and update your profile with the missing information and email us to let us know you have updated your application at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 829-5621
- Decline email: If you received this email it means the information you provided on the application does not meet NOVA SHRM criteria for membership. If you believe you have received this email in error, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or (703) 829-5621
3. Your membership is now active! Once you have confirmed the outstanding information on your application, you will be able to register for monthly meetings, Special Interest Groups (SIGs), social events etc. on our website.
Username: Your NOVA SHRM username is the primary email address you used when submitting your online application. If you cannot remember your email address, please contact the VP, Membership (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will email you your username within 3 business days.
- Password: Is the 9 character password you chose during your application process. If you cannot remember the password, please click http://www.novashrm.org/user.html?op=ru to reset it. An immediate email will be sent to you with your password. If an error occurs and you do not receive an email to reset your password, please contact us at email@example.com.
Should you have any difficulties or questions on how to become a NOVA SHRM member, feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 829-5621.